Phase one has to do with the intersection of art and technology. What I want to communicate to the viewer from this phase is the question whether art and technology enhances meaning and communication or does it destroy the originality and purpose of art. I want to take on a neutral stance and be the one who questions the viewer as there is no absolute solution to this problem.
As for the layout of the piece, I plan to arrange the quotations in frames one on top of each other in the formation of a poem. Each quote then links to another so each time the audience clicks on a quote, an entirely new poem will form. Sometimes the quotes will compliment each other and sometimes the quotes will contradict each other as the linking to the quotes are random.
I have begun to look for quotes in the articles that we have read in class and some articles I have found from previous classes that I have taken. Some interesting quotes that I have found are:
"The text itself is fluid" - C.A.E
"Plagiarism? I don't like the way it tastes." - Barbara Kruger
"Virtual thought ignores everything except the thought, and only the thought is, and is in its own medium." - C.A.E
"I can no longer think what I wanted to think. My thoughts have been replaced by moving images." - Duhamel
"The public is an examiner, but an absent minded one" - Benjamin
"Language is legislation, speech is code" - Barthes
"If art is anything anyone has ever considered art then it would include things other people would fiercely deny artistic status to" - John Carey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment