Well...after that discovery I'm starting to get a headache because a lot of results just googling the word. There is a lot of diversity to this term and many different perspectives, but I finally found something on the wiki that can briefly sum up what this is about:
- Fluxus is an attitude. It is not a movement or a style. (then why fluxus'movement'?)
- Fluxus is intermedia.Fluxus creators like to see what happens when different media intersect. They use found and everyday objects, sounds, images, and texts to create new combinations of objects, sounds, images, and texts. (Ooo this sounds like a lot of what we are doing in class)
- Fluxus works are simple. The art is small, the texts are short, and the performances are brief. (I like minimalists :])
- Fluxus is fun. Humour has always been an important element in Fluxus. (yay)
Sources: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluxus#Artistic_philosophies
No comments:
Post a Comment