Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Phase 2 Process

Change #1

I have made a several changes to how I will present my ideas. Instead of doing an in depth news report and replacing the on-site footage with cartoons and other material, I have decided to cut out the actual news report and replacing it with a short intro. of the Jetsons. The idea here is to have the actual news intro and ending, so it makes it seem like the viewer is missing the entire news report but actually the question is 'are they REALLY missing it' because nowadays the news can be so biased we need to ask ourselves whether we are shown the truth or only fragments of it? Watching the news and watching cartoons may have no difference at all.

Change #2

After going in to the critique in class just now, I have decided to change my video once again. The Jetson's intro is surprisingly a parody when placed along with the news intro. because they but show images of the globes and outter space. Instead of using the Jetson's clip as the main highlight, I will piece chunks of it together with a several news intros playing on the parody to give a more immediate reflection to the viewer. Apart from that my main idea is getting across pretty slowly so the goal for now is to find a controversial issue (I picked gun control) and find clips of biased opinions and methods of presentation from different news broadcasts and piecing it together to strengthen my point.

Yep...and thats how I am going to go about phase 2 for now.

No comments: