Monday, April 27, 2009

Phase 4

Last tutorial, we have gone through some questions regarding the first suggestion of what you can do for phase 4, I want to take this opportunity to address some questions for the two suggestions we haven't looked at yet.

Google Image Trawl/Small World/Rhizomes/Digital Trails

- do we have to focus on all of the key words or just one? Or are they just suggestions
- do we have to use google or can we use yahoo and other search engines as well?
- are we restricted to using just one search engine?
- how many possibilities do we have to come up with?
- what format do we need to present the information in?
- can we crop/edit the image ourselves are does it have to be found? (can we ask a friend to edit it?)

Revisiting key works involving technology using contemporary technologies

- how would we do a written documentation of a cell phone conversation?
- do we record our thoughts too?
- does the person on the other end have to know about the purpose of the call?
- can it be scripted?
- what happens if we miss information because of delay or overlap?
- how many times do we have to perform this?
- do we perform this with the same individual?


Based on the suggestions so far, I'm leaning more towards the e-mail art and the google image trawl. I think that all of these have to do with the degrade of information through communication technology (a lot like the telephone game I used to play when I was a child). The result is always interesting and completely different from the original message. I have never did anything similar to this with imagery, so I am more inclined to focus on that area. Another question is: Does the original image for the e-mail art have to be found or can you produce it yourself?

Yep...and I glad that we finally have a break from lecture this week. Work is really cramming up at this time of the year.

No comments: